I have been able to view Album Art on Media Streamer when using PMM and/or Twonky on .mp3 and .wma tracks where my initial testing seem to indicate :-
- PMM (& I imagine Simple Center) work when the Album Art is in the same folder as the tracks and named as (folder.jpg)
- Twonky works when the Album Art is tagged within the Audio file.
TVersity V0.9.8.2 does not yet support album art but hopefully won't be long in coming now that id3V2 is supported ;-)
Media Streamer apparently also works with unprotected .acc files I imagine the Album Art will work in the same way as for .wma and .mp3 audio. Here are some examples screen captures...
1) Crowded House, Weather With You in .wma format, with playback on Nokia 770.
2) Madonna, Papa don't Preach in .mp3 format, playback on Philips SL300i
3) Peter Gabriel, Downside-Up in .mp3 format, playback on Philips SL300i
4) Crowded House, Weather With You in .wma format, with playback on Philips SL300i
Issue Notes: (Probably interesting to the Media Streamer development team)
I did notice some niggles switching between the audio formats when using Media Streamer as either a controller or a player, I was using Twonky during my tests. (The playback time status gets corrupted and sometimes Media Streamer would state a playback error on completion of buffering or similar but would play the track?)
I also noticed that Media Streamer works best and most consistently when there is ONLY one Media Server on the Network. (Think something becomes confused and Media Streamer perhaps ends up communicating with more than one UPnP Server, in error)
You will note that the Album Art has a small magnifying glass indicating you can view images at full scale on the Nokia 770, this however does not work for Album Art.
Comments are always welcome...